A type of antibiotic drug used to treat bacterial infections is called cefixime dispersible tablets. Cefixime, a third-generation cephalosporin antibiotic, is present in these pills. Cefixime acts by preventing bacterial growth and reproduction, therefore curing the infection.
The dispersible tablets are suitable for youngsters or those who have trouble swallowing regular tablets because they are made to dissolve fast in water. They come in a range of strengths, from 100 mg to 400 mg.
Cefixime Dispersible Tablets are frequently prescribed to treat infections of the skin, ear, throat, respiratory tract, and urinary tract. They work well in the treatment of gonorrhoea and typhoid fever as well.
How To Use Cefixime Dispersible Tablets
An overview of how to use Cefixime Dispersible Tablets is provided below:
- Start by giving your hands a good, soapy wash with water.
- Take the recommended number of tablets that your doctor has advised. Your age, weight, and the particular condition being treated will all affect the dosage.
- Put the pills in a water glass. Verify that the water is warm to the touch.
- Allow the tablets to break down and spread throughout the water. If necessary, gently stir to speed up the dissolving process.
- The cocktail should be consumed right away after the tablets have completely dissolved. To ensure that you get the maximum dose of the drug, it’s crucial to drink the entire glass.
- Add a little water and swirl it in the glass to remove any residue or undissolved substances that may still be there. Likewise, sip on this.
- If you’d like to lessen stomach distress, you can take the tablets with or after a meal.
- Keep in mind to take the recommended dosage of Cefixime Dispersible Tablets throughout the day at regular intervals. Even if you begin to feel better, it is crucial to finish the entire course of treatment.
- Consult your doctor for alternate options or administration techniques if you have trouble swallowing the tablets or utilizing them as prescribed.
Benefits Of Cefixime Dispersible Tablets
Different bacterial infections are treated with cefixime dispersible pills. The principal gains are:
Broad Spectrum Antibiotic Activity: Cefixime has broad-spectrum antibiotic activity against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, including those that cause gonorrhoea, otitis media, and URIs.
Effective at low doses: Cefixime is a powerful antibiotic that can treat infections even at modest doses, which lowers the chance of unpleasant side effects.
Convenient Dispersible Form: The dispersible tablet shape is practical and makes it simple to provide medication to youngsters and anyone who has difficulty swallowing tablets. Before swallowing, the tablets can be dissolved in water.
Favourable safety profile: When taken at appropriate doses for approved applications, cefixime has a generally good tolerance and a low incidence of serious adverse effects.
Cost Effective: Cefixime dispersible tablets are a cost-effective option because they are available as affordable generics.
Side Effects Of Cefixime Dispersible Tablets
- Gastrointestinal effects
- Skin reactions
- Abdominal pain
Precautions Of Cefixime Dispersible Tablets
- Use of Cefixime Dispersible Tablets should be done with the following general precautions in mind:
- Cefixime Dispersible Tablets should not be taken by anyone who is allergic to cefixime or any other cephalosporin antibiotic. If you are starting therapy and you have any known allergies, be sure to tell your doctor.
- The use of Cefixime Dispersible Tablets during pregnancy or breastfeeding may not be advised. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is crucial to speak with your healthcare provider before using this drug.
- Your doctor might need to change your dosage of Cefixime Dispersible Tablets if you have kidney disease in order to avoid any potential problems.
- Cefixime Dispersible Tablets may, in some people, result in diarrhea. Contact a medical professional if your diarrhea is severe or persistent.
- Cefixime Dispersible Tablets may interact with a variety of drugs, including blood thinners, diuretics, and several antacids. Before beginning therapy, be sure to let your doctor know about any medications you are currently taking.
- Antibiotic overuse: It’s critical to use Cefixime Dispersible Tablets just as prescribed by your healthcare provider to prevent the development of superbugs and antibiotic resistance.
- Cefixime Dispersible Tablets are not known to make users drowsy or incapable of operating machinery or driving safely. However, if any side effects occur that limit your capacity to engage in these activities safely,