Cefixime 200mg belongs to a group of cephalosporin antibiotics. It kills organisms causing infection of the ear, nose, sinuses, throat, chest, lungs, and urinary system. This medicine is also capable of treating Gonorrhoea. This medication treats bacterial infections by weakening and destroying the bacterial cell wall. This medicine should always be taken under the supervision of a healthcare professional. Some side effects can be experienced after taking this medication, but most of the side effects do not require medical attention and resolve gradually after some time. If the side effects persist, you are advised to consult your doctor. However, this medicine will not work for colds, flu, or other virus infections.
Uses of Cefixime 200 mg Tablet
- Bacterial Infections
Benefits of Cefixime
This medicine is used for a variety of bacterial infections. it stops the growth of bacteria by preventing the formation of a protective covering, which is necessary for its growth. It is used in the treatment of various kinds of bacterial infections.
Directions for use
It must be swallowed as a whole with water. Do not crush, break or chew it. Always check the label for directions before consuming the tablet. Do follow the prescribed doses set by your doctor. Do not stop, or consume more medicine without the doctor’s consent.
- Stomach pain
- Loose stools
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take.
- Tell your doctor if you or if you have or have ever had any kind of allergies, problems with your digestive system especially colitis (inflammation of the large intestine), malnutrition (you do not eat or cannot digest the nutrients needed for good health), problems with your vitamin K levels, or kidney or liver disease.
- Never skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the use of medicine early may make the infection harder to treat.
- Diarrhea might occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Consult your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Cefixime 200mg Tablet should always be taken in consultation with a doctor or health professional. Use it regularly at evenly spaced intervals as per the schedule prescribed by your doctor. Using it at the same time every day will help you remember to take it.
- The dose of this medicine will depend on what you are being treated for, but you need to complete the full course of this antibiotic as mentioned by your doctor.
- In deciding to use a medicine, the risks of taking the medicine must be weighed against the good it will do. This decision will be taken by your doctor.
- Prevention is always better than cure and is vital in healthcare.
- Do not mix any other kind of medicine with Cefixime 200 mg as this can lead to a reaction between the drugs and can harm your body badly.
- Adopting healthy habits can help your body fight infections and also help in retaining a healthy body state.
- Keep this medication out of the reach of children.
Ques: How long do I need to use Cefixime 200mg before I see improvement in my condition?
Ans: This medication is to be taken till the time you see an improvement in your health conditions. You need to continue till the full course is complete. For more details, one needs to talk with a doctor in order to know when to stop using the medication.
Ques: At what frequency do I need to use the medicine?
Ans: This medication should be taken at the dosage mentioned by the doctor.
Ques: Should I take the drug empty stomach, before food, or after food?
Ans: This medication should be taken after food in a prescribed dosage. For clarification, you can always talk with your doctor.
Ques: Is this medicine safe to use?
Ans: Cefixime 200mg MG tablet is safe if used in the dose and duration advised by your doctor. Take it exactly as directed and do not skip any dose. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully and let your doctor know if any of the side effects bother you.