Paracetamol 250 mg Suspension helps in bringing down the high body temperature and relieves pain. In children, it helps in the treatment of conditions like headache, toothache, fever, and the common cold. This medication is given orally and its dosage and duration are as per the doctor’s recommendation as it depends upon your child’s age, body weight, and the severity of the infection. You should make sure your child is comfortable taking the medicine and redosing is not recommended if your child gets sick for more than 30 minutes after taking a dose.
You should make sure that you are not giving this medicine in addition to other medicines that contain paracetamol too. Because it might lead overdose of the medication which can also damage the liver of your child. You should always check the ingredients of other medicines that you are giving with Paracetamol 250 mg Suspension. This medication could be given with or without food, but it is generally recommended to give this medicine after food to avoid vomiting.
If you are child is allergic to any of the ingredients of Paracetamol 250 mg Suspension then you should inform your doctor know about it. The doctor should be well-informed if your child is suffering from any pre-existing medical condition like liver disease, kidney disease, etc in order to avoid any harmful side effects. In some cases, the child experiences some common side effects like indigestion, nausea, and vomiting, but these symptoms are not to be worried about as they get resolved on their own with time and don’t require any medication for their treatment. However, if the side effects still persist or get worse then consultation with your doctor is mandatory.
It is important to complete the full course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor and the course of medication should not be stopped in between as it may worsen the medical condition. Neither of the doses should be skipped to get the most effective results, if you skip giving a dose to your child on a particular day then you should start again on the next day and don’t break the cycle again.
Uses Of Paracetamol 250 mg Suspension
- Treatment Of Fever
- Helps In Relieving Pain
- If your child is suffering from any kidney disease or has a history of kidney disease then it is important to inform your doctor about it. A dose adjustment will be done by your doctor because the medicine is needed to be given with caution in such cases.
- If your child is suffering from any liver disease or has a history of liver disease then it is important to inform your doctor about it. A dose adjustment will be done by your doctor because the medicine is needed to be given with caution in such cases.
- If your child is allergic to any of the ingredients of Paracetamol 250 mg Suspension then you should inform your doctor about it so that an alternative of the medication could be suggested for your child.
- If your child is suffering from any pre-existing medical condition then you should inform your doctor about it in order to avoid any harmful side effects to your child.
- Redosing of Paracetamol 250 mg Suspension is not recommended if your child gets sick for more than 30 minutes after taking a dose of this medication.
Common Side Effects Of Paracetamol 250 mg Suspension
- Stomach Ache
Directions Of Use
- Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth. Shake well before use. The dose of the medicine should be taken as per your doctor’s prescription.
- Paracetamol 250 mg Suspension should be stored at a temperature below 30°C.
Q. Is there any special diet my child needs to follow while taking this medicine?
Ans. Unless instructed by your doctor, your child should take a normal balanced diet while continuing this medicine as lack of nutrition can put your child at risk of developing medicinal toxicity.
Q. Where should I store this medicine?
Ans. Keep this medicine at a temperature below 30°C in a dry place beyond the reach of the children.
Q. In what conditions Paracetamol 250 mg Suspension must be given with caution?
Ans. It is advised to use Paracetamol 250 mg Suspension with caution if the child has malnutrition, G6PD deficiency, liver disease, or any medicinal allergy. So, do not hesitate to share your child’s complete medical history with the doctor as that will help the doctor decide whether the medicine is safe for your child or not.