Tranexamic Acid+Mefenamic Acid 500mg/250mg Tablet is a medicine used to help with heavy periods and period pain. It stops blood clots from falling apart so that it can stop too much bleeding during periods. It also stops the body from making some chemicals that cause pain and swelling.
Tranexamic Acid helps prevent blood clot breakdown. It stops blood clots from breaking down to help control heavy bleeding during periods. Mefenamic Acid is a drug that helps reduce pain and swelling by blocking certain chemical messengers in the body.
How To Use Tranexamic Acid & Mefenamic Acid Tablets
- You can take these Tablets with food at any time of day, but it’s better to take them at the same time every day.
- It’s best to take it on the first day of your period to get the most benefit.
- Continue taking it for the amount of time your doctor tells you to. Use the medicine the doctor told you to and for as long as they said.
- If you missed a dose, take it as soon as you can. Don’t stop taking your medicine even if you start to feel better. Keep taking it until you finish all of it. Tell your doctor if your periods don’t change after 3 times in a row.
Benefits Of Tranexamic Acid & Mefenamic Acid Tablets
Some main benefits of these tablets are
Treating heavy periods – Tranexamic Acid and Mefenamic Acid tablets are often used to help with very heavy periods. Tranexamic Acid stops blood clots from breaking down and helps to reduce heavy bleeding during periods. Mefenamic Acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that helps to lessen the pain and swelling from menstrual bleeding.
Relief from period pain – These pills can help with period pain (dysmenorrhea). Mefenamic Acid stops the body from making chemicals (prostaglandins) that cause pain and swelling.
Mixing different medicines – Tranexamic Acid and Mefenamic Acid tablets have both Tranexamic Acid and Mefenamic Acid in them. These two ingredients work together to help with heavy periods and the pain that comes with them.
Convenience and being able to get it easily – These pills come in different kinds and strengths, which makes them easy to use. They are often prescribed to treat heavy periods.
Safety and potential negative impacts – Tranexamic Acid and Mefenamic Acid tablets are safe to use when you follow the instructions. Like all drugs, they may have side effects for some people. Some people might feel sick, throw up, or have diarrhea when taking this medicine. If you feel this way for a long time, talk to a doctor.
Side Effects Of Tranexamic Acid & Mefenamic Acid Tablets
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
- Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Stomach pain
- Sinus pain
- Sinus inflammation
- Loss of appetite
Precautions Of Tranexamic Acid & Mefenamic Acid Tablets
- Tranexamic Acid and mefenamic Acid Tablets can make period pain and very heavy periods feel better.
- Your doctor will give you the smallest amount of medicine that works well for a short time to help you feel better.
- Eat it with food so that your stomach doesn’t get upset.
- Take it on the first day of a strong period. It won’t help if you take it before or after.
- Tell your doctor if your bleeding does not get better after using this medicine for three periods in a row.
- Tell your doctor if you have had problems with your kidneys or liver in the past.